Today, there are a great number of fraud screening systems available to enable e-commerce businesses prevent fraudulent transactions helping debit or credit card processing users in assessing the risk of a given payment. SmartSearch allows for transactions to be suspended, if certain pre-determined high-risk characteristics are found. Many Merchants can devise their own internal fraud screening procedures, SmartSearch can complement these processes and we have devised a number of ID bank and card validation with links to many data sources allowing businesses to either incorporate certain data elements of the SmartSearch service or we can devise the whole end to end process.
SmartSearch offers a range of comprehensive services that can be used in isolation or as a combined Fraud Prevention Solution.
- ID Validation
- Using Experian’s vast array of data such as Electoral Roll, Credit Performance Data, CCJ’s, BAI, Fraud Score & Alert Service
- Bank & Card Validation
- Validate Bank Account and Sort code to the address and account holder of the account, AVS, CV2. Verify Card Number to Account and Person Holding the Account
- Mobile Validation
- Live Mobile, Network Code, Operator, Country Code,
- IP & Device Validation
- High Risk Areas, Hidden IP address
- Delivery Fraud Score
- Understand the risks involved
- Global Fraud Alliance Data
- The Largest Online Database of known Fraudsters for E-Commerce
A strong fraud screening system will suspend a payment if information:
- Matches data stored in the merchant's internal negative files.
- Exceeds pre-defined velocity limits and controls.
- Detects an AVS or security code mismatch or no match.
- Match other high-risk signs. For example, payments placed with anonymous e-mail addresses, high-risk shipping addresses or foreign-issued cards.
E-Commerce and retailers can also design cost efficient and timely evaluation procedures for calculating high-risk transactions. Such fraud screening procedures help retailers and avoid manual review of payments and transactions in which potential fraud loss would be less than the aggregate costs of screening and evaluation.
Separate Low Risk Transactions
For many e-commerce debit and credit card processing users, getting third party fraud scores for each transaction may not always be cost-effective. However with SmartSearch we can supply this as a standalone product or in combination with other services. We can create a bespoke transactional process that allows merchants to create exception rules based on the value of goods or the potential risk presented by the transaction. The merchant can reduce costs by separating low risk or low-value orders, where the potential losses are small.